Jenny shares her industry knowledge and tips on dressing for warmer weather. Jenny recently styled our in-house shoot, so expect plenty of colours, prints and playful pairings.
Written by Jenny Garcia
Photography by Tayla Nebesky for Maze.
Is it me or does spring feel like it’s been a long time coming this year? I can’t tell you how keen I am to throw off my chunky knits and ditch my big bother boots. A pair of canvas trainers would suffice, I appreciate sandals may still be a push for March, but you know we live in hope and it’s not unheard of for this time of year. It is however Blighty, and therefore the epitome of unpredictability, and herein lies the difficulty.
So how to transition from winter to spring with grace and style? Well we’ve been here before and we’ll most certainly be here again come autumn and next spring and so on, because despite their biannual consistency, these changes in seasons always seem to send us into a style vortex.
But back to the nub of it. Is there a key to unlocking transitional style, some big Fashion secret that’s kept firmly under lock and key in the fashion cupboards of the world’s top Editorials and design houses? That thing that makes it all look effortless, transcending all weather eventualities? Well, the good news is yes there is, the bad news, it’s not that easy to pull off. It’s all about the ‘L’ word, layering, and it’s an art form, but fear not because I have styled a cornucopia of spring outfits from the Maze SS22 collection on the recent in house shoot.
Just to add the sprinkles on the already bountiful triple layered spring style cake, here are my top tips for effortless dressing this spring:
1. The Cardigan/light weight knit is your new best friend, wear it, drape it round your shoulders, but do not leave home without it
2. No more tights. Instead opt for leggings under dresses (just make sure they’re not visible)
3. Swap your winter hiking style boots for a Chelsea boot
4. If in doubt add some colour and or print, brights, pastels and florals work wonders
5. Layer a pretty blouse with a little collar detail, under a dress, knit, sweat or dungarees
6. A Breton / stripe jersey top is a must
7. My final tip to help you achieve sartorial perfection this Spring, a good Parker works with everything and screams effortless cool
Bring it spring, we’re ready for you.